Ballast water treatment system to safely and reliably comply with IMO and USCG regulations.
The SeaCURE™ Ballast Water Management System uses a combination of filtration followed by in-situ production of biocide from seawater via electrochlorination. The SeaCURE system has evolved from the Chloropac® marine growth prevention system (MGPS) that has been servicing needs of the maritime and off-shore Oil & Gas industries for over 40 years. The system uses a small side stream of just about 1% of the ballast water flow to generate sodium hypochlorite for the treatment of ballast water.
KEY BENEFITS OF SEACURE™ SYSTEM
- SeaCURE system is an efficient, safe, reliable, low-cost to operate ballast water management system
- Based on proven, widely deployed self-cleaning Chloropac® electrochlorination systems
- Patented marine growth prevention process reduces the risk of filter clogging through biofouling
- Treatment only on intake leads to reduced power consumption and higher operational flexibility and allows gravity discharge
- Unique Dual-Purpose operation: Ballast water treatment in port; Marine Growth Prevention for seawater cooling circuits at sea
- Side stream technology: Keeping the electrolytic process apart from the main ballast line enables safe degassing of the by-product hydrogen and offers flexibility in installation
- Flexible solutions for retrofit applications, skid mounted units for new builds vessels and containerized systems available